Hiring a home healthcare agency to care for a loved one is an easy step to make but don’t rush through the process and hire the wrong company. You will find many agencies offering home health care lansing but they’re not all created the same nor will they all provide the same services that you expect. To avoid hiring the wrong agency, be sure to ask lots of questions ahead of time. You can interview several agencies to learn more about their services and what to expect with them. What type of questions should you ask when hiring a home healthcare agency? Start with the seven important questions below.
1. Do you have a state license? Never hire any agency that is not licensed by the state.
2. What services do you offer to my loved one? It is imperative to hire a company that offers the services that your loved one needs.
3. Do you perform background checks on your employees? It is essential to work with an agency that’s taken the time to hire the best employees for their agency.
4. How much does it cost? No two agencies charge the same fees for their service so it is up to you to compare the options to find the most reasonable option.
5. What type of payment do you expect? Most agencies accept insurance and cash. Payment for services is usually expected in advance, but this varies from one agency to the next. Inquire beforehand to alleviate concerns.
6. When can I start services? Some people need services immediately; others can wait. Find out how soon you can get things doing before you hire the wrong company.
7. Can I have references to check? A great home health care agency shouldn’t hesitate to offer three to four references that can vouch for their services and line of care. Do not simply request estimates but check them, too.